Randy's Run 10k this evening

Hi Everyone,

A Pelee island half race report is coming soon (just getting pictures organized and collected) - so expect that in the next few days.

Later today a bunch of Harriers are travelling to Alliston to run a race in honour of former Cambridge Harrier and friend Randy Jolliffe who died suddenly last year.  Money raised goes to the Stevenson Memorial Hospital Foundation - the hospital who gave Randy care in his last few days.

Here's the info, if you're into a last minute run:

I'm excited to see Martha and family and put in a good run for Randy.  I got to know Martha and Randy when I was pregnant with my first baby, and I changed running groups to a more casual-paced group.  Randy and Martha were in that running group, and I ran with them often.  Randy was a very upbeat and happy person, and would always take the time to listen.  After I had my daughter, I stayed with the same group - because I liked the people so much.  I remember a really nice conversation I had with him.  I was annoyed that a close family member didn't like the name I chose for my daughter.  He told me that he loved her name, because it is his mother's name - and he was happy that it's starting to become popular.  This made me feel so much better - he knew how to make people feel good, and I'm happy to run a race in memory of him.  

Here's another article about Randy:

Comments