It's my first Blogiversary!



   It has been a year since I wrote my first post on this blog (March 22, 2015).  I started this blog because I wanted to celebrate the all the good things in my life. At the time, I had no idea how long the blog would last or if I would have enough material to keep it going.  It turns out, that I didn't have to worry about that.  As I look back at it, it has been just a fantastic year.  I have tried a lot of new things (and documented most of them here in this blog).  Here's a list of the awesomeness that was this blog year:
  • Hosted a Rock your socks run
  • Ran with my one-and-a-half year-old daughter in her first race 
  • Started doing hot yoga 
  • Hired a coach 
  • Had a huge PB in the half marathon
  • My husband and I took our 3 young kids on our first big family vacation to the Azores 
  • Won an Ultra trail race outright
  • Represented Canada and competed in the World 100k Championships in the Netherlands
  • Qualified for the 100k National team in 2016 
  • Tried snowshoe running
  • I have several awesome sponsors (Thank you CLIF bar, Dion Snowshoes, Coronation Chiropractic and Massage, and Sharon Rutledge Naturopath)
  • Ran my first snowshoe race (placed 3rd among the women)
  • Was 1st woman in my second snowshoe race
  • Ella won at the regional level in a Remembrance Day art contest
  • Runner up in the Woman's division of the Dion Eastern Ontario Snowshoe Running series
   So to everyone who has been reading-  Thank you for sharing these special moments with me.  Thanks for the encouraging words and the support over the past year.   It has been a wonderful year.  Here's to the next one (and the next and the next).

Comments