Yummy recipe for chocolate banana mini muffins or loaf

Hi all,

My running buddy Jen told me about a new twist on one of my go-to recipes.  I make banana bread, or banana mini muffins a few times a week, and the recipe is good, but Jen's addition made it extra yummy.  I made a batch of chocolate banana mini muffins for the kids lunches tomorrow, but I'm not sure if they will last that long.

Here's the recipe:

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients
2 over-ripe, sad looking bananas
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar (I've used less when kids weren't eating them)
1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

In large-ish bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips.  In another bowl, with a potato masher smush the bananas, eggs, and oil together - it's ok if it's still a bit lumpy.  Dump the wet mix into the dry and stir until combined.

Spoon out batter into a lightly greased (I use spray canola oil) mini muffin tray, and bake for 20 min. Makes about 20 mini muffins.

If you are doing a loaf, dump batter into a lightly greased loaf pan, and bake for 1 hour.

Enjoy - my whole house smells awesome right now!

Comments