Around the bay 30k is Sunday!

Well, there's emails flying around between myself and 3 of my running buddies as we get ourselves organized to run the Around the bay 30k in Hamilton this Sunday.   I love going to races with a group of my running buddies.  I'm excited to run in my first race of the season.  I don't have any specific time goals, but I would like to try something that will be a challenge.  I am going to start my run at 5 minutes a kilometer, and at 15ish k, I was going to begin increasing my speed so I can pull off a negative split.

This is an extremely hard thing for me to do.  I have difficulty holding back my pace at the beginning of any race, so I almost never get negative splits.  That's my goal - Negative Split at the Bay. My friend Andrew is planning on running a 5 min/k pace, so I'll stick with him to control my speed - hopefully.  Apologies in advance to you Andrew, if I can't control my speed and I break away early.

If all goes well it puts me at 2:20-2:30, not a PB, but if I do a negative split with a time like that, I'll be thrilled.  2 more sleeps until Bay Day!

Comments